[A75] 1662 patent to Wiliam Waters for 1200 acres of land ot being a little cove on the north side of Onancock Creek and extending up to Chesconnessex Creek. William Waters and his wife in two different sales sold this land to John Wise and in 1668 he repatented it in his own name. This land includes what is today known as Clifton. Crystal Beach and the present day little town of South Chesconnessex lie almost at the mouth of that Creek.
Whitelaw, Ralph T. Virginia's Eastern Shore A History of Northampton and Accomack Counties. Gloucester MA: Peter Smith 947.